Thursday 24 May 2012

New Booksies (8)



Only two new books this week

Black Heart by Holly Black which I bought on reading credit because I couldn’t wait two read two other books after Red Glove before I bought it. (So after reading it, I have to read four more books before I’m allowed to buy another one.)

And then in the mail came The Return of the Black Widowers by Isaac Asimov, the final collection of his Black Widow detective/mystery solving club stories. It was collected after his death and I think there are two stories by other people in it, so we’ll see how that goes. I’ll miss his autobiographical notes accompanying each story. I’ve enjoyed the other Black Widow stories (I think in a different collection not in a Black Widow only collection) so I’m looking forward to these.

And in case you’re wondering about that reading credit, two more books then I can buy another. I’m part way through three books at the moment: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson, Blue Silence by Michelle Marquardt and A Fall of Moondust by Arthur C Clarke. I want to spend more time reading the SF books but work is requiring more brain than usual and SF is insufficiently dissimilar to the day job to be relaxing right now. Hence big fat fantasy book. It also helped with my insomnia earlier in the week (erm, in a good way, not by being boring or anything…) and was a good way too wind down from skimming through Bloodshot, so yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.